Ivan Duggan, Managing Director, Global Sales, SD-WAN & Routing, Cisco and Royce Thomas, Senior Vice President, Strategic Alliances and Global Account Management, Equinix
Cisco’s strategy for enterprise networks is to help customers connect, secure, and automate to accelerate their digital agility in a cloud-first world. Equinix offers a unique digitization platform via 227+ colocation data centers in 63 markets across 26 countries enabling enterprises to transform the way connect their business to what matters most. During Cisco Live 2021, Raj Gulani, Senior Director of Cisco SD-WAN Product Management, announced that Cisco and Equinix have partnered to deliver the Cisco strategy on Platform Equinix and launch Cisco SD-WAN Cloud Interconnect with Equinix. Today we are pleased to share with you that the solution is now available!
Cisco SD-WAN Cloud Interconnect provides swift, secure, automated connectivity to Cloud Service providers environment as well as the choice of transit networking for sites over the global network of the SDCI providers SDCI uses dispersed sites, known as Points of Presence (PoPs), and SD-WANs to interconnect sites and to connect sites to cloud infrastructures.
Cisco SD-WAN integration and automation with the Equinix Fabric and Network Edge platform enables customers to deploy and manage all their SD-WAN gateways and connectivity across the globe from a single portal. We are excited that for the first time, Cisco and Equinix customers can take advantage of our co-engineering effort via Cisco’s SD-WAN controller, vManage. Cisco SD-WAN Cloud Interconnect with Equinix delivers reliable network performance while decreasing operational costs and complexity by automating on-demand network to sites and to leading cloud provider networks.
The joint value to our customers does not stop with the integration and automation work we’ve co–engineered; our mutual customers and partners can also benefit from how closely Cisco and Equinix are partnered from a sales and support perspective. The goal is to provide a world-class experience by integrating the leading SD-WAN solution with the leading colocation provider’s flexible software-defined network.
Key Benefits of Cisco SD-WAN Cloud Interconnect with Equinix
- On-demand network: Create end-to-end connection in minutes, not months
- Normalized experience: Cisco and Equinix provide portal driven automated workflows to connect to any cloud and any carrier
- Centralized visibility: Cisco SD-WAN multicloud monitoring for end-to-end visibility
- Highly available global network:Equinix Fabric provides a globally available private backbone with 99.999% uptime SLA
- End-to-end automation:Complete automation flows to connect your branches and users to one another and cloud
- Integrated support:Cisco and Equinix working together to provide seamless support to customers as they deploy and expand their SD-WAN network
We invite you to explore how Cisco and Equinix’s vision for fast and agile global connectivity to cloud and sites with Cisco SD-WAN will empower your enterprise. Speak with your Cisco account team to get connected with Equinix and start a free trial.
For more information:
- Cisco SD-WAN Cloud OnRamp
- Equinix “Integrated Cisco SD-WAN Automation Simplifies Deployment” blog
- Equinix Fabric
- Equinix Network Edge
- Cisco and Equinix partnership page
- Cisco and Equinix partnership video
- Cisco SD-WAN and Multicloud Demo Series
Check out our Intent-Based Networking video channel.
Subscribe to the Networking blog
By: Ivan Duggan
Title: Cisco SD-WAN Cloud Interconnect with Equinix Network Edge Delivers SDCI to Secure Hybrid and Multicloud Networking
Sourced From: blogs.cisco.com/networking/cisco-sd-wan-cloud-interconnect-with-equinix-network-edge-delivers-sdci-to-secure-hybrid-and-multicloud-networking
Published Date: Thu, 09 Sep 2021 12:00:40 +0000